Admission Bulletin for Doctoral Degree Programs 2019
1. General Information of Doctoral Degree Programs
Zhejiang University is ranked amongChina¡¯s leading Universities for both the quantity and quality of its doctoral degree programs. Several hundred academic majors are established in colleges and departments affiliated to seven faculties of science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, information technology, humanities and social sciences. With program length of 3-4 academic years, doctoral degree programs are offered in Chinese generally, while some English-taught programs are also available. Graduates fulfilling all the degree requirements will be awarded the doctoral degree.
Click here to find the Doctoral Degree Programs List 2019.
Click here to find the English-instructed Doctoral Degree Programs List 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application (click here to find websites of colleges/departments) and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor.
2. Application Deadline:
March 31st 2019
Please make sure all the mailed application documents arrive before the deadline.
Application for scholarships will be processed according to the schedules of different scholarships respectively.
Please note the winter break is from January 26th 2019 to February 21st 2019, during which there will be no real-time processing of your application.
3. Beginning of the Programs:
Doctoral degree programs ofZhejiangUniversityare supposed to start in Mid-September every year. For exact date, please refer to the Admission Notice.
Philosophy, Literature, History
31,000 RMB yuan/Year
36,000 RMB yuan /Year
Medical Science, Art
43,000 RMB yuan /Year
An extra RMB 8,000/Year shall be charged for doctoral programs, master's degree programs, general advanced study programs, senior advanced study programs, research scholar programs whose language of instruction is English.
5. Application Requirements
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have a master's degree and be under the age of 45 (Age limit is flexible for healthy applicants with certain work experience and high academic ability).
Language proficiency requirements:
1. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210£¬or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190£¬or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
2. There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
6. Documents for Application
Applicants MUST submit or post all the following application materials (strictly in required order) to the Admission Office of the International College of Zhejiang University in person or entrust others with that by the deadline. The application package should be labeled ¡°Doctoral Degree Program Application Materials.¡±
The incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will NOT be processed. Additional documents may be required when necessary.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
(be sure to strictly bind and place in the following order)
1. Application Form for Admission toZhejiangUniversitypasted with a recent photograph (white background,35mm¡Á45mmin size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first (link), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Academic transcripts during Master¡¯s and Bachelor¡¯s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
6. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
7. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors¡¯ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
8. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
9. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800 Yuan). (Bank account link)
10. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor, (download). (If any)
1. The university enrollment will be made on the basis of competitive selection according to the students¡¯ academic performance, personal study plan and HSK test grade, etc.
2. The name list of admitted applicants will be announced on theInternationalCollegewebsite in late July 2019. Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent out before the end of July, 2019.
8. Medical Insurance
Students who have paid the whole academic year tuition fees in time or funded by full-scholarship are entitled to the comprehensive Medical Insurance offered by the university. Relevant medical insurance items can be found at www.lxbx.net.
Note: The medical treatment expense for physical or mental diseases which students suffered before entering the university cannot be covered by this insurance.
For general information of accommodation, please refer to the Life Guide on the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University.
Please check detailed information in further notice on college web site.
The on-line accommodation reservation system will be open to students enrolled in early August 2019.
Room 4500, International College Building, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou£¬China
Post Code: 310027
Tel: +86 571 87951456
Fax: +86 571 87951755