Master’s Degree Programs Admission 2015
Master’s Degree Programs
Zhejiang University is ranked among China’s leading Universities for both the quantity and quality of its master’s degree programs. Over 300 academic majors are established in colleges and departments affiliated to seven faculties of science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, information technology, humanities and social sciences. With program length of 2-3 academic years, master’s degree programs are offered in Chinese generally, while some English-taught programs are also available. Graduates fulfilling all the degree requirements will be awarded the master’s degree.
Click here to find the Master’s Degree Programs List 2015.
Click here to find the English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs List 2015.
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application (click here to find websites of colleges/departments) and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (download).
Application Deadline: June 1, 2015.
Please make sure the mailed application documents arrive before deadline.
Commencement of the Programs
Master’s degree programs of Zhejiang University usually start at the end of August or the beginning of September. For the exact date, please refer to the Admission Notice.
Liberal Arts (instructed in Chinese) RMB22,800/year
Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Economics, Business, Law RMB28,800/year
Medical science, Art, Physical culture RMB32,800/year
MBA (instructed in Chinese, two-year program) Full-time: RMB 60000/year
Part-time: RMB 80000/year
Please refer to the English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs List 2015 (download) for tuition fee of English-instructed Master’s Degree Programs.
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study, have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40 (Age limit is flexible for healthy applicants with certain work experience and high academic ability).
Language proficiency requirements:
1. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have an HSK test score of level 5(or above) or new HSK test level 4-score 210(or above); applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have an HSK test score of level 4(or above) or new HSK test level 4-score 190(or above).
2. There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
Documents for Application (Bound and Placed in the Following Order)
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first (link), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. A photocopy of passport.
3. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor, (download). (If any)
4. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
7. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
8. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
9. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
10. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 Yuan). (Bank account)
Applicants shall submit or post all the above-mentioned application materials to the Office of Admission and Management for Postgraduate Students of the International College of Zhejiang University in person or entrust others with that by the deadline. The application package should be labeled “Master’s Degree Program Application Materials.”
The incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will not be processed. The additional documents may be required when necessary.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
1. The university enrollment will be made on the basis of competitive selection according to the students’ academic performance, personal study plan and HSK test grade, etc.
2. The applicants can check their admission status via the Online Application System on the International College website in late July 2015. Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent out before the end of July, 2015.
Successful applicants should apply for the student visa (X1 visa) to the Chinese embassy or consulate in their home country with passport, “Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China” and register within the specified time at Zhejiang University. Successful applicants who submitted pre-graduation certificate during the application must provide the original copy or notarized photocopy of degree certificate upon registration; those who fail to provide will be disqualified from admission.
Students who have paid the whole academic year tuition fees in time or funded by full-scholarship are entitled to the Medical Insurance (Hospitalization/Accidental Injury) offered by the university. Relevant medical insurance items can be found at www.lxbx.net.
Note: The medical treatment expense for physical or mental diseases which students suffered before coming to China cannot be covered by this insurance.
After the registration within the specified time, new students will be arranged at the dormitory buildings on campus. For details, please check the Life Guide on the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University.
Office Location: Office of Admission and Management for Postgraduate Students, Room 231, 229, No. 31 Dormitory, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Mailing Address: Office of Admission and Management for Postgraduate Students,
P.O. Box W-99, International College, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Post Code: 310027
Contact Person: Mr. YI Email: email@example.com
Mr. TANG Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +86 571 87952848
Fax: +86 571 87951755