1.I want to study at Zhejiang University as an undergraduate student, What scholarships can I apply for?

For new international undergraduate students, Zhejiang University offers scholarships as below:

--1.1 Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program (CSC Type A)

Only open to Chinese-taught programs. Applicants should directly contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in their home country.

--1.2 Zhejiang Government Scholarship

Only open to Chinese-taught international freshman.Zhejiang University offers the Zhejiang Government Scholarship to applicants who have a proper attitude towards study and good grades. This scholarship is a one-time grant with an amount of RMB20,000 yuan.

--1.3 Scholarships for English-taught Dual Degree Programs in International Campus (Haining)

International Campus (Haining) offers full or partial scholarships to outstanding applicants for English-taught Dual Degree Programs. Applicants must apply directly to ZJU-UIUC Institute(Link)or ZJU-UoE Institute(Link).

--1.4 Scholarships for English-taught Engineering Programs(ZJU Degree Only)(Link)

--1.5 Scholarship for English-taught Global Communication and Management Program (Link)

2.How do I apply for my undergraduate study at Zhejiang University?

After having read the application guide for bachelor’s degree programs(Link), applicants should log into the Online Application System for International Students of Zhejiang University (Link), submit all the necessary application documents strictly as required and pay the application fee.

3.Do I need to submit a physical examination form when applying?

There is no need to submit the physical examination form if you are self-funded.

4.After I submit my application, when will I know the admission results?

Students are enrolled on the basis of competitive selection according to their academic performance in senior high school, language proficiency and performance in the written examination or interview (if required). The university will determine the name list of preliminary admission in different batches according to the application received during April to June every year.

Applicants can also log into the Online Application System (Link) to track the admission process.

5.How to apply for on-campus accommodation?

Please fill in the accommodation intention on the Online Application System, then pay attention to the online booking notices released usually one month before school starts on the International College website. Please book the room in time.

Given the situation of the COVID-19, please pay close attention to the notices on the college website to learn the latest information about accommodation.

6.What is the eligibility for the undergraduate program application?

--6.1 Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with proper moral conduct, in good health with no infectious disease or any physical or mental diseases that may affect the normal study. Applicants must be valid foreign passport holders and have graduated from high school (Graduating high school students can provide pre-graduation certificates first, then provide the graduation certificates no later than registration) and be under the age of 25.

--6.2 Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must have HSK 5 (or above) certificate. Specific HSK requirements could be found in the catalog of Chinese-taught undergraduate programs.

--6.3 There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs. If applicants’ native language is not English, they should provide score report of English language test (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/OTHER).

--6.4 Requirements of the regulations set in the Document No. 12 (2020) of Ministry of Education of the PRC should be met.(Link

  6.4.1 Applicants who have given up their original Chinese citizenship and become foreign citizens, must become foreign citizens before April 30, 2018, and must have lived abroad for more than 2 years from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022 (more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year, taking entry and exit stamps as evidence).

  6.4.2 If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country, whose parents were both Chinese citizens, or one of the parents was a Chinese citizen, parent’s (with Chinese citizenship) permanent resident in foreign country should be obtained prior to the birth of the applicant. Applicants must have lived abroad for more than 2 years from April 30, 2018 to April 30, 2022(more than 9 months of residence abroad per year can be considered as one year, taking entry and exit stamps as evidence).

7.Do applicants need to take the entrance examination?

Applicants can refer to the catalog of undergraduate programs to check the relevant requirements. Written examination or interview may be required by the university if necessary, and the applicants will be notified of the specific arrangements by email.

8.Does Zhejiang University accept transfer international students?

The major of Chinese as a Second Language can accept transfer international students. The conditions are listed as follows: officially registered in universities in China or overseas universities recognized by the Ministry of Education of the PRC, having studied in the major of Chinese as a Second Language for more than one year, able to provide transcripts and certificates of study, with excellent Chinese language skills. Students who have passed the examination for this major arranged by Zhejiang University can be enrolled as a second year student majoring in Chinese as a Second Language.

Except for the major of Chinese as a Second Language, Zhejiang University does not accept any other transfer students. If you want to study in ZJU, you should apply as a new student after completing the withdrawal procedure of your original school.

9.How to apply for Zhejiang Government Scholarship? When will the scholarship results be announced?

Applicants need to fill in the Zhejiang Government Scholarship Application Form(Download)and upload it together with other application materials to the online application system.The scholarship results will be announced on the website of the International College in the autumn or winter semester of the 2022-2023 academic year.

10.How should I fill in the application form?

Please read the catalog of undergraduate programs to check the requirements and notes, and fill in the application form based on your own interests.

11.After receiving the Pre-Admission Notice, what should I do?

Applicants who receive the Pre-Admission Notice should pay the first year tuition fee via the Online Application System within the specific time period stated on the Notice. If the applicant is not able to make the online payment, then one must wire the tuition fee to the University’s Bank Account, and upload the remittance letter to the System. The pre-admission will be canceled if applicants fail to pay the first year tuition fee within the stated time period.

12.When can I receive the admission documents?

The official Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202 Form) and other relevant admission documents will be mailed to enrolled applicants once the prepaid tuition fee is confirmed to be received. Please make sure the email address and contact phone number filled in the system are correct.